US Weekly can have its Lindsays and LCs; an overexposed starlet doesn’t hold a candle to a Princess. Some of you are probably like me: fascinated by those blessed with the magical initials HRH, appreciative of royal history, charmed by the glamour of it all. We flip through Hello and Tatler; admire pictures of Kate Middleton and Charlotte Casiraghi; count Grace Kelly as a fashion icon. Jerramy Fine puts us all to shame. When she was only six, Jerramy decided that she wanted to become a princess. And, unlike the rest of us who might randomly and idly dream about it during our youth, Jerramy moved to England in the very real pursuit of that dream, leading to a once-in-a-lifetime, star-crossed encounter with Peter Phillips, her…dare I say it?…soulmate. Sweet and hilarious, Someday My Prince Will Come is Jerramy’s modern-day (true!) fairy tale, and a testament to the fact that, if you pursue your dreams doggedly, wonderful things will happen. (People might call you crazy, too, something ol’ Jolie has experienced…but it’s possible to have wonderful things happen all the same!)
As you can imagine, Jerramy’s picked up many secrets of the good life along the way, so I asked her for the ins and outs of Princess-worthy glamour–no tiaras or titles necessary.
Jerramy says: Attaining the effortless glamour of Princess Grace or Princess Diana takes a lot of effort, but the effect is always worth it! Here is my royal routine:
– Let hair dry naturally overnight
– Beauty takes time; in the morning, I spend 30 minutes with a large-barrelled curling iron (or curling tongs, as they’re known in the UK!), coaxing my Carrie Bradshaw-frizz into smooth Grace Kelly-waves
– Keep locks regally-groomed and sleek; I couldn’t survive the rainy London weather without Jingles Finishing Gloss; it fights British humidity like nothing else!
When it comes to makeup, always strive for a classic, understated look. Less is more! My essentials include:
– Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat: for a flawless, Kate Middleton complexion
– Lancome Definicils Mascara: for luscious, Charlotte Casiraghi lashes
– MAC Small Angle Eye Brush #266: for perfectly defined Jackie O eyes
– Chanel Levres Scintillantes Lip Gloss in Praline: for a natural Princess pout
Long to look like Princess Diana?
– DO achieve English rosiness with soft blush and translucent powder
– DO NOT try to create doleful eyes by wearing lots of 1980’s blue eyeliner